Sunday, January 29, 2012

Locations:

Location is a huge consideration when shooting a music video. When chosen correctly it gives a very natural feel to the video and generally goes unnoticed by the audience. When I say unnoticed I mean that the audience does not take a mental note or is surprised of a location because it doesn't look right.
In order to achieve a more successful video the locations you choose to shoot at have to fit with the genre, which is why I have chosen three locations to shoot my video.

The first is St Ouens bay. This, as you can see in the picture is quite a rural part of the island I live on, with a promenade along the beach and wide open sand dunes and scrubland which should be able to give some nice scenery and, given the genre I think a lot of footage can be shot here.


The next location is St Catherines. At the opposite end of the island there is a small woodland area called St Catherines woods, with a long breakwater just down the road from it. Both of these locations I hope to use in the video as they are appropriate to the genre and should be able to give me a great number of opportunities for some fill shots as well as just the shots of the actor singing.
The last of my locations is a recording studio at Beaulieu Convent School. This room I will use to show the song as if it were being recorded. I have seen this idea used in some professional videos and I believe it would work well for this song. I find it makes the song and video that much more real to watch, and gives the song and actor more of an identity than simply doing shot after shot of her walking around singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment